NCP’s settlement services are open to all Canadian citizens, landed immigrants, live-in caregivers, convention refugees and refugee claimants. Our Settlement Counsellors, provide advice and referrals with regards to obtaining services to assist in settling in Canada. Confidentiality is of utmost importance, creating a safe environment and trusting relationship with staff members. When meeting our Settlement Counsellors, you can be sure that you will receive professional and courteous service every time.
Assistance is available under the following categories:
Information and Referrals
The program provides counselling and services related to the following topics:
- Civic Rights, Responsibilities and Canadian Values
- Canadian Law and Justice
- Continuing Education
- Finances and taxation processes in Canada
- Mental Health
- Trauma support counseling
- Nutrition, health and physical wellness
- Community participation and volunteerism
- Translation, interpretation and document certification
- Community service referrals and bridging programs
- One-on-one and group sessions/workshops
Our services are offered in
English, French, Arabic, Belarussian, Farsi, Hebrew, Hindi, Mandarin, Polish, Punjabi, Russian, Spanish, Tamil, Ukranian & Urdu.
All of our services are offered in a professional, comprehensive and confidential manner.
Counseling In Schools
Through partnerships with the Peel District School Board and the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board, NCP provides settlement services to 31 schools in Mississauga to help newcomer families successfully settle and integrate into the Canadian educational system.
The services include:
- Information about the educational system
- Parent and youth specific workshops
- Information on settlement needs (housing, healthcare, job search and more)
The services are delivered in English, Arabic, Cantonese, Dari, Gujarati, Hindi, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, Punjabi, Spanish, Tagalog, Tamil, Urdu and Vietnamese.